Thursday, February 28, 2013

Respect for the Elderly




There is a widening problem among young people.
It is a disregard for the elderly and handicapped.
Sometimes we need a little old fashioned lesson
 on compassion and kindness.
I hope you find this download useful.


AND
 I found this little story in a book in the Gutenburg Library.
It's called
 "The Old Deacon's Version Of The Rich Man and Lazarus."
I reworded the first version to make it easier to read, but also included the original version.
If you like short humorous stories, you'll love this one.


I enjoyed it.  I hope you do too.
Aunt B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are right about respecting the elderly and handicap. Some kids are so rude now of days. My kids know better, if I even hear they are in BIG trouble.
On the other hand I have ran into older folks who have been just down right rude to me and I did nothing to them. I think we all need to love & respect more. My mom always tought me give respect & get respect. it's a two way street. Love ya Aunt B. thank you for the reminders. God bless.